Thursday 24 March 2011

Week 8 Just for Fun

I am really enjoying reading your blogs and commenting, finding inspiration and forgotten techniques.Some one last week tried but didn't manage to get the Jacob's coat technique right, it's not new to me but had put it to the back of my mind and as this, the last week of Zoe theme on Just for Fun is to  a stamp in a different way. though why not :)
You need Glossy card
Dye inks eg: kaleidacolor, big and juice
A stamp not to detailed , a Brayer works best but cut n dry or sponge will do and of course clear embossing powder
I have applied the coloured ink with a make up sponge and  left some of the background white, then brayerd over the top with a blue .
Well hope you like my offering for this week and look forward to visiting you :)

9 comments:

Neet said...

I love this technique originated by Jan Tinks (think that is what she is called). Her tutorial on it always makes me smile - here is the link if anyone wants to read it - she is obsessed by chocolate. http://stampspaperscissors.typepad.com/stamps_paper_scissors/2007/09/josephs-coat-in.html
Love how you have used it - fabulous card.

Zoechaos said...

Beautiful work Von that sentiment is so inspiring well done on getting it so clear on this. XOXO Zoe

sam21ski said...

Oooh very colourful xxxx

Art By Wanda said...

Gorgeous!!! I must go play with this technique now!!!

Alison said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love it Von! x

Jaqi said...

Gorgeous colours , wow its great, I may have to give this ok . After reading everyones blog I think I need to start experimenting alot more , thanks for the inspiration

Sue said...

This is fab, I've only seen this done before in white, but I love it in black x

Joy said...

Fab piece, love the colours xx

Dolly Daydreams said...

Von this is amazing truly Technicolor Fab !

Marie

Followers