Sunday 24 July 2011

Ring bling and wire work

Hi all yesterday ( Saturday ) I went to  Art in Action at Waterperry Gardens and what a fantastic day it was with so much to see, more than we could do in a day I would have loved to show you all some photos of the day but being a bear of little brain I forgot to put the SD card back in my camera :(. How ever I did learn how to make a wire ring, was to late to sign up for the class but the tutor was very helpful and talked me through it, so had to do it as soon as I got home before I forgot :)
I've used a small piece of sea glass and a few beads

and this is a piece of shrink plastic decorated with UTEE and then wire wrapped. I really enjoyed making these and will certainly be doing some more in the future :)

12 comments:

Zoechaos said...

Thought about you in the morning yawning your way onto the coach! sounds like it was worth getting up for and these wire wrapped pieces are fascinating. XOXO Zoe

chrissie said...

Looks fascinating Von--is it special wire you need for this? Clever you using some of the glass from the beach--now I will have to go and look for some lol

Love Chrissie xx

cheryl said...

oh hun these are brilliant oh the ideas,you come up with just amaze me hun,brilliant work hugs cheryl x

Valerie-Jael said...

What a wonderful idea! Glad you had a good day, enjoy your ring and pendant! Hugs, Valerie

Anonymous said...

What a fab idea. Great work. Thanks for sharing.
Regards Florence x

hazel said...

Fabulous pieces - I love the ring.
I have a wire wrapped ring that I made at a workshop and I went to a workshop where we made bangles the same way.
xxx Hazel.

Neet said...

You've made me think about my wire wrapped things I once did but not a clue where they are. Love what you have done - the shrink looks pretty thick or is it an illusion?

Art By Wanda said...

Wonderful!!! I especially like the shrink plastic piece!!!!

Dolly Daydreams said...

You go girl ! Fantastic pieces the ring reminds me of an insect ! Shrink plastic must get some and torture it ! Love the colours on this like marmalade. !

Marie

Anonymous said...

Hi Von, i love both of these. the ring is gorgeous and that shrink plastic piece is so unique, what gorgeous colour too.
If you get time, please pop by my Dezinaworld blog today as i have a free collage sheet for everyone. I hope you will like it. Have a great day !
June

Marita Soutar said...

Lovley pieces. Thanks for your lovely comment.

sam21ski said...

WOW Von, sounds like a great place to have visited.

Love the shrink plastic piece, those colours are fab.

I do apologise for not visiting your blog much in the last few weeks. but I've been sooo busy, I just haven't had the time.

Sam xxx

Followers